Babies and toddlers are given stimulation and challenges that target their physical and mental development. Tummy time and baby movement gives babies an awareness of their bodies and helps to build and strengthen muscles. Educators provide experiences that allow babies to discover and explore a range of textures, materials and objects using their senses- touch, taste, hearing, smell and sight.
These provide great opportunities for babies and toddlers to come together for shared singing/dancing, story telling and games. At mat times babies and toddlers develop their mental and motor skills.
Rich Learning Experiences, Activities, Play and Fun
The day is choc-filled with a variety of learning experiences and activities that are planned by our educators specifically for babies and toddlers. These experiences support the growth, development and interests of your child. Our “play based” experiences provide children with opportunities to:
- Build social skills such as communication, sharing, problem solving and relating to their peers
- Gain concepts of numeracy and literacy in meaningful contexts
- Develop confidence and a sense of belonging
- Be creative and imaginative in their thinking, to explore, discover and test out their theories and ideas
- Gain greater understandings of themselves, the world around them and their place within the world
- Interact with and enjoy science, music and technology
- Have fun, laugh and build great memories of their early childhood
What to bring to the Centre
At Early Explorers we provide a range of learning experiences – some of which can be messy but are valuable parts of the learning process. We advise dressing your child in clothing that is comfortable and suitable for active play.
- A bag which is clearly labelled with your child’s name
- Two changes of clothes clearly named
- Enough nappies for the day (recommend 5-6). Please note that there is a charge of $2 per nappy if your child runs out of nappies and a Centre one has to be used. This will be added to your account.
- Bottles that are clearly named and made up for the day
- A clearly named sun hat for Summer
- Warm hat, jacket and warm footwear for Winter
We encourage parents to come and experience the environment in which their child will learn and welcome discussion of routine, experiences or any general queries.